- Allow a few days for the shoes to break in and mould to the shape of your feet.
- The shoe will get traction as the sole scuffs based on the way you walk.
- For shoes with a leather sole, it is important not wear the shoes for the first time when it rains.
- A leather sole needs some time run-in before facing the water, otherwise it will absorb and distend. A soaking wet leather sole will be less resistant and not that long-lasting.
- If the shoes are completely wet owing to rain or snow, put immediately the shoe tree and lay them down laterally, far from any heat source.
- Do not wear the same pair of shoes for two consecutive days - shoes should rest at least 24 hours before wearing again.
- Always use a shoe horn while putting on your shoe.
- Once removed, put the supplied cedar shoe tree that absorbs moisture and helps keep the original shape of the shoe.
- In case a pair of shoes is not used for long period, spread a thin coat of natural wax - put them inside a fabric bag and store inside a cardboard box.
- Clean, polish and condition the leather regularly to keep the leather supple.
- Dust the shoe thoroughly and remove all dirt and dust
- Once the shoe is clean, apply the natural Saphir wax with the brush applicator and spread it uniformly using a bigger brush.
- Wait until the wax is completely dry and after about 10 minutes, wipe with a wool cloth and polish to achieve desired gloss.